Sunday, April 3, 2011

No more faux-mans

I made these faux-man shades (non-functional roman shades) about 3 months ago. They never grew on me. I think the vertical stripes clashed with the horizontal pattern of the tile. Plus, the color was just too light. I decided to go in a different direction.





When I pulled the shades down I had a little bit off a mess. The velcro tape pulled the paint off the wall. Since I've never liked the kitchen color I took this opportunity to repaint.




I sanded where the paint was missing and then re-painted in a blue/gray color. We hung up the bamboo shades and here we are. I plan on putting something on the wall between the window and the crown molding, but I'm not quite sure what. It will either be little frames across the top or maybe some stenciled wording. It will come to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment