Saturday, March 26, 2011

Damage Control

Anyone who has kids knows what they do to your house. I can't get too upset about it since I was a destructive kid also. It's the circle of life.
The project I tackled today was a door bumper.

This is the hole that resulted from the kids swinging the front door open.



You can see how the handle hits right into the hole. Please ignore the old and in need of paint door. We do. We plan on replacing it soon and have just let it go.





The only option that would work was this little white bumper. The other more heavy duty doorstops required a screw that screwed right into the center of the hole. Since I wasn't in the mood to patch the hole, I went for this one.





All of the hardware in our house is oil rubbed bronze, so I decided to paint it. The front door hardware will also be oil rubbed bronze when we get the new door.





Here is the final look. I don't know what I think about the random dark circle on the wall. Right now I'm thinking it's just one step above a hole.


3 comments:

  1. When you are done fixing up your house, please feel free to come to my house and fix several items that the previous owners broke! Ah the joys of buying a foreclosure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you repaint it the color of the wall so it blends in a little better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

    ReplyDelete