Friday, March 25, 2011

Peace out, prints.

Ever since we finished the kitchen I had those sea life prints up. They are nice prints, but I never really liked them there. They were too washed out. I also have a thing for open shelving in a kitchen. I LOVE the way it looks, but I know we aren't tidy enough to be able to have our cups and dishes stored that way. So this is the compromise. We have a little more color and texture, but I don't have to be super mom-wife to maintain it (although it does add a little to my dusting duty).

See how the pale prints and white frames get lost?




The new shelves:




Most of those objects are from Homegoods and were less than $5. The silver bulldog is from Jen and the straw ball is from an IKEA mix. The shelves are from Lowe's and were $12.99 I believe.





I've been playing around with the orientation, but I think this arrangement will stick. Maybe I can get around to finally throwing out that cheapo college lamp that you see on the left. My trash will be someone else's treasure.

1 comment:

  1. I love the little shelves. They're perfect for that spot.

    ReplyDelete