Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Jacobean it is!

Last week the guys sanded down the floors on the upper level in preparation for staining. The upper level consists of the master bedroom, the guest bedroom, a hallway, and closets. The floors had not been touched since they were put down in 1951.

I was out of town last week, so Donnie sent me a picture of the stain options.

Since it’s hard to make these decisions from a cell phone picture, I told Donnie to pick his favorite.

IMG-20121108-00102

We wanted something dark, but not too dark. We also didn’t want anything with red in it.

We ended up picking the one all the way to the right…..the Jacobean.

Here’s the hallway after the first coat of satin poly.

IMG-20121113-00105

I think it looks very nice.

Tomorrow the flooring guys are coming to skim coat the entire lower level in preparation for the concrete staining this weekend.

I am hoping we are less than 2 weeks away from moving in.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great! I can't wait to see the stained concrete.

    ReplyDelete