Friday, November 16, 2012

Cabinet Preview

 

The cabinet maker sent Donnie some sneak peeks of the completed frames.

Here’s the sink base. The color is Benjamin Moore’s Dove White.

IMG-20121115-00110

Notice the feet. I saw something similar on a Martha Stewart cabinet and had him re-create it.

Here’s the Martha version:

fortunecookie_getimage_2_xl

This is the corner cabinet where the lazy susan is going to be. I think we are actually going to have two of these. It’s always weird when you move into a new kitchen and have to decide where everything is going to go. I have no idea what I’m going to use the lazy susans for. I’ve never had one before.

IMG-20121115-00109

We also had to pick out the hardware last night. The cabinet maker sent over a catalog with our choices. I took inspiration from this kitchen, which is another Martha. :)

 

skylands_getimage_vert

We are going to use chrome handles and on the wide drawers we are going to double up on the handles. The light fixtures we chose are also chrome, so it should tie in nicely. We haven’t picked the faucet yet, but I’m assuming it will be more satin than shiny.

Lastly, we picked our exterior paint colors. The funny thing is that we picked them off of the internet. I think we are just tired of making decisions. I know I am . I just don’t have it in me anymore. I just want it done and anything will be better than what we have now.

This is the house we liked. It’s light and beachy.

color

The house colors are both Benjamin Moore. The base is Horizon Gray and the trim is Antique White. We aren’t able to get a new front door quite yet, so we are going to paint the existing one brown.

The guys are actually working on the exterior today while the flooring guys are skimming the concrete.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a fabulous job and the house will be beautiful when you're finished! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete