Sunday, June 12, 2011

New Jutes

I have been looking for a rug to go under our dining room table for at least a year. This is how it has been looking.





My main issue has been the price. It's very hard to find a big rug on the cheap.

I read on here that Lowe's had 5x7 jute rugs on clearance. The color, material, and price were perfect, they were just too small.

I had an idea so I ran over there on my lunch break and grabbed the last two.





My idea was to tape two rugs together to make one 7x10 rug. It was a good idea until I tried to execute it. When I unrolled the rugs and tried to match them up I found out they were irregular. I was so disgusted that I didn't take a picture of this part. Ha, Ha.

Since I like the rugs and know I can use them somewhere else in the house I decided to just put them under the table for now. It's definitely not perfect, but I still kinda like it. They don't bother me.





Here are close-ups of the non-match-ups.










The funny thing is that I have a recipe binder on the dining room shelf that has the same color and pattern. It's like it was meant to be, even though it obviously wasn't.




Anyway, the rugs were $34 each, for a grand total of $68. If this would have worked better this would have been a really awesome and thrifty idea. That's a savings of at least $300!

I noticed after I wrote this that the rug is also the same pattern at the curtain panels I was eyeing. Man do I need to step outside the box. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment