Wednesday, June 22, 2011

(I) Just Wing(ed) It!

Over the weekend I went into Garden Ridge and was stunned to read that the store was closing. Boo! That's my go-to place for cheap crap. Ha, Ha. It's right near my mother-in-laws house and I always stop in when we are over there visiting. After I got over the shock, I was pleased to also read that the entire store was 25% off. Perfect.

I bought 10 different black frames for my gallery wall project. The plan is to frame some great pics I got on our visit to Charleston.

I always see on HGTV that when you hang a gallery wall the best thing to do is lay it out ahead of time on a big piece of paper. You then transfer the paper to the wall and know exactly where to put the nails.

Have you met me? I don't have time for that.

So I just went for it. I went one by one and eye-balled it and I think it turned out great. I still have the stock photos in the frames because I needed to lay it out first so I will know what size and orientation to edit each photo in.




So I lucked out this time, but I couldn't help thinking the whole time I was doing this........."if you don't have time to do it right, you definitely don't have time to re-do it".

I'll post the final pic when I get the real pictures in.

No comments:

Post a Comment