Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's demo day!

I am sooooooooooooo excited. You have no idea. My hubby had me meet him over at the new house before work so we could talk about where the a/c unit was going to be located. To my surprise, when I walked in, things were already being torn out. Woo hoo!

This is a view from the living area looking towards the bedrooms and front door. We are removing that doorway that leads down the hall and turning it into a larger opening. We are also pulling out that partition wall by the front door.



This is a closer shot of that half partition wall. The wall itself had a planter in it and you can see the funky glass slats on the top. I bet that was very fancy in the early 50's.

My husband is removing the trim around the door in order to make a larger opening.




So now we are looking up into that hallway. For some reason when you go up the stairs, there's a soffit that extends down the hallway and partially into each bedroom. It takes the ceilings from about 9.5 feet tall to less than 8 ft tall. It feels tight. That's Tim up on the ladder taking the ceiling out.



That's all the insulation falling down!



So that's how my day started! I wish I could have stayed and helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment